Friday, February 13, 2015

Swainsboro, Georgia



I arrived in Swainsboro, Georgia late in the day.  It was too late in the day for shopping in the down town area but I wanted to get the feel of the center square, anyway.  Parking in small towns is easy.  All you have to do is park along the curbside on the main street.  Don't even think about "feeding the meter" because there aren't any.  How nice.  The stores in downtown Swainsboro surround the town square.  A very large fountain occupies a place of prominence in the park-like setting of the square and there are benches for relaxation and conversation surrounding the fountain.  The town has a very quaint feeling.  I'm glad I stopped here, even if it was for a brief moment.  Perhaps I will return some day and spend some time here.

No comments:

Post a Comment