Thursday, January 1, 2015

mn/mo



I did it today.  I went to my first major bowl game.  I saw Minnesota play Missouri at the Citrus Bowl in Orlando, Florida.  Today.  And, I had a blast!  I arrived at the stadium about two hours before the game and just walked around the outside of the stadium enjoying the sights and the sounds.  Both of the universities bands were marching about and then they would break off into smaller groups and entertain the crowds.  The drum corps was fantastic!  They played on and on.  There were lots of tailgate parties with grills and lawn chairs in the parking areas.  The cheerleaders were..... cheering.  I went into the stadium about an hour before game time and found my seat.  I was sitting in the upper deck area and I thought I might have trouble seeing the field action, but I was very wrong.  I was seated on the aisle right on the fifty yard line.  Perfect for viewing everything.  I saw it all.  The pre game and halftime shows featured both of the schools marching bands plus a choreographed cheer squad. There was a military jet fly over at the end of the national anthem.  The crowd went wild.  Fortunately, I was seated in a great spot for commentary.  The guys seated behind me were very entertaining in their play calls.  They were knowledgeable but not in a "clipboard critic" kind of way. They were more of the "lazy boy and chips" variety.  They knew a lot without being stuffy about it.  They made some good calls.  All in all it was a terrific game.  (except for one tiny, little thing)   (my team lost)   (shhhhh)   (we'll get 'em next time)  It was a great way to start out the new year.  I'll say!

No comments:

Post a Comment