Monday, November 17, 2014

the journey begins

I left Venice, Florida this morning.  Perfect driving weather.  I drove north on I-75 on my way to Lake City.  My actual destination was the intersection of I-75 and I-10, just north of this city but I know when I see the highway sign for Lake City that I am close to my destination.  This drive usually takes about three hours but today it took longer going around the Tampa area because a tractor trailer truck had dumped a load of steel beams on  the highway and northbound traffic was basically at a stand still.  I popped a Christmas music cd into the dashboard player and let it run two cycles while I crawled along with the traffic.  Very soothing, considering.  After that...smooth sailing.  The reason I mentioned Lake City earlier is because there is a log cabin sales lot along the highway near exit 427 and several model homes are on display.  I like the modern rustic look of the buildings.  I can just picture these cabins moved onto private lots, perhaps in the woods near a stream or in the mountains with a view of a valley.  Anyway, I always look forward to seeing these log cabins as I drive by.  Maybe someday I will stop and see for myself what the interiors look like.  But today I must press ahead.  I have "miles to go before I sleep" (thanks, Robert) and I keep driving.

No comments:

Post a Comment