Monday, March 13, 2017

sand dunes

Recently I was driving from San Diego to Mesa, AZ.  When I reached El Centro I decided to take an alternative route.  Instead of continuing on I-8, I drove north on a smaller road that wound through the eastern California sand dunes.  The area is very active on the weekends with ATV riders tearing up and down the dunes.  I had seen the riders from a distance on previous trips along the interstate but I was now seeing the tracks left by the vehicles spread out right before me.  Around every corner on this curvy road were crazy patterns left in the sand.  There were figure eights and swirls of all kinds.  What fun they must be having while riding in the dessert.  This was an unexpected surprise for me and a great choice of an alternate route, I'd say.  I enjoyed my drive tremendously.

No comments:

Post a Comment