Monday, April 18, 2016

First UMC in Lafayette


Yesterday I attended church in Lafayette, Louisiana.  I found a beautiful old church in the downtown area and I decided to worship there.  The people of the congregation were very welcoming (of course!  It's the South) and I really enjoyed the message from the pulpit.   Well spoken.  Sincere delivery.  Traditional service.


I enjoy looking at church architecture and the interiors of these wonderful buildings.  This church, built in 1925, had dark oak wooden pews and pulpit and the stained glass windows were magnificent.   There was a red carpeted central staircase to the balcony rising up from the narthex and two side doors that led into the sanctuary on the first floor.  This was (is) a beautiful worship setting.


No comments:

Post a Comment