Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Victor Valley Historical Museum


A few weeks ago I stopped by the Victor Valley Historical Museum while I was on my way south.  This is a really nice county museum located in Happy Valley, just outside of Victorville, California.  There is a section of the museum dedicated to Roy Rogers and Dale Evans who lived in this area.  Some of their western attire is on display.


There is a section of the museum dedicated to Maria Kipp.  She was a textile designer and interior designer.  She immigrated to America and worked hard to achieve success in her field.  I like this quote.  I believe it to be true.


Here is another Roy Roger shirt.  I really like the detailing of western wear (all that piping and stitchwork !!).  The museum also had many displays telling of the geological makeup of this valley.  This area is part of the Mojave Desert.The geodes on display were quite beautiful.  If you are ever in the Victorville/Happy Valley area, please stop by this museum.  I think you'll like it.


No comments:

Post a Comment