Friday, April 13, 2018

Old Point Loma Lighthouse


I have written about the old Point Loma Lighthouse in San Diego before but I think this place is so special that it deserves a repeat posting.  When I took this picture the sun was behind me and I couldn't see any image in the camera screen.  The sun's glare had completely blackened the viewing screen.  I basically took a blind picture and hoped I would capture the beauty of this setting.  When I moved to a shaded area and had the opportunity to review the pictures, I was delighted to see everything clearly from the multi-toned clouds to the stark white building and even the unfurled flag.  What a stroke of luck.  The wind was gusty and it picked up the flag just as I snapped the picture.  The lighthouse is located above the entrance to San Diego Bay and looks out over the magnificent Pacific Ocean.  There are benches placed along the pathway for sitting comfortably while pondering the beauty of this location or, maybe, just for dozing off under the warm sun.  History and beauty...together.




No comments:

Post a Comment