Monday, August 21, 2017

my total eclipse


I did it.  I wanted to be under the total solar eclipse and earlier today I did it.  I am in Holton, Kansas.  The weather today wasn't that great and that was a disappointment since I tried to pick a good location to view the eclipse.  However (thankfully), just at the very moment that the moon covered the sun, a large hole broke in the clouds and the eclipse was able to be observed.  I saw the corona and then the diamond ring effect appeared.  It happened so quickly.  I took one quick picture but actually the joy came from the observation of the eclipse just by looking at it and enjoying the moment.  I watched as the crescent sun appeared and eventually the entire sun was visible.  And then it was over.  For now, anyway.  There will be another total eclipse in 2024 and I want to see that one, too.  It is a really awesome experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment